- Maintaining bookkeeping databases and spreadsheets, updating information as needed
- Communicating with clients and customers to request and arrange payments
- Recording and tracking payments in databases
- Creating reports and balance sheets that document overall profits and losses
- Updating client accounts based on payment or contact information.
- Process refunds, returned checks, and bad debts as instructed by Accounting Manager.
- Responsible for the proper invoicing within the standard policies reflective of the customers requirements.
- Conduct credit checks on all new customers; establish and manage limits.
- Organizes and maintains retention files for a required period of time.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Most important experience and qualities we need in an Accounts Payable Specialist:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years' related experience preferred.
- Ability to remain composed and efficient in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Proficient in Excel and QuickBooks.
- Experience with VLookups and Pivot Tables, preferred.
- Basic understanding of business ethics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work effective
- Ability to confidently interact with management, customers, vendors and customers
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient with ERP systems
PlanITROI Core Values:
- Driven & Confident
- Think Win/Win Always
- Own IT/Solve IT
- Personal Growth leads to Professional Growth
- Innovate & Change the World
- Proud to be Part of the PlanITROI Family